Brink DLC Available Now!
At long last, the first DLC pack for Brink is out. The DLC pack, titled “Agents of Change”, was released stateside late on Wednesday, August 3rd. At time of publishing, Agents of Change will be available free of charge, but only for the first 2 weeks. Let’s repeat that, just for proper impact…
Agents of Change will be free for the first 2 weeks only!
2 weeks… 14 days… A fortnight… And that’s counting out from yesterday, 08-03-2011. After that, the DLC will cost you—price currently unknown. All that having been said, act now and continue the battle for the Ark!
Note: This past weekend also saw the release of a cumulative update for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Brink. This brings the console releases up to current revision status, matching the PC version which has been receiving rolling updates since title launch. The cumulative update is mandatory in order to download Agents of Change.
Following is a catalog of what Splash Damage and Bethesda tell us Agents of Change is bringing to the game:
- Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
- Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.
New Player Abilities
- UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
- Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
- Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
- Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
- Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.
New Weapon Attachments
- Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
- Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.
New Character Outfits
- The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
- The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.